Friday, October 23, 2009

The $$$$$ back-handspring

Eliza learned how to do a back-handspring this week. I've never seen her so happy before. She was doing them all over the lawn.

Hmmm, I got to thinking. How much did that back handspring cost? She started gymnastics for fun at age 3 and has taken since then. . . . I don't even want to calculate monthly tuition time 36 months. But I did. Try $15 a lesson. At least 4 times a month (sometimes more). That is more than $2000 bucks! Yikes. Maybe I should have put that money into an interest bearing account for college? Sounds like a smarter idea.

But, then again, she wouldn't be able to do a back-handspring.

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Camilla, that is so exactly how I calculated Sophie's gymnastics ability in 1st grade. But those back handsprings are SO exciting, nonetheless! Just not cheap!

Marti said...

I'll bet she looks SO cute doing those back handsprings--she's so little!

And maybe she'll earn herself a college scholarship through gymnastics and it will all be worth it...right?

Linsay Mabey said...

I think the back handspring is totally worth it. I can't even do a cartwheel and it has plagued me my whole life.