Sunday, October 11, 2009

Goals! OR Weekly Reckoning, part 1

It's October 11th! Do you know what that means?

Absolutely nothing (unless it is your birthday, in which case: Happy Birthday!).

I was thinking that I have a few goals I need to get started on. The thought went through my head that I wish it was the New Year so I could get going. Then I realized, "Duh! Who says you can't start now?"

So I am starting TODAY.

I have 4 goals:

1) Be in bed by 10:15 P.M. and lights out at 10:30. (I can make exceptions for late night movies or dates).

2) Start my babystep checklists for food storage and actually DO THEM.
(P.S. the website is right here: Food Storage Made Easy )

3) Be active for 20 minutes every day-preferably in the morning before the kids get up (thus goal #1) (I know this isn't a lot, but for me right now, it is a start).

4) Consistently read scriptures with my kids during breakfast-- seems easy, right? For me, this goal means I've got to get up early enough to have breakfast on the table and LUNCHES made.

I want to update every Sunday on my status. If you feel so inclined, keep me in check. Ask me how my goals are going.

6 comments:

Marti said...

I am SO with you on the whole be in bed early thing. Why is that so hard to do? I'm tired enough, for sure. But it's like I finally have time to myself and before I know it-it's midnight!!

Nichole said...

Good Plan! If we catch each other online late, dead meat =0)

Heather said...

thanks for the modivation. i need to STOP pushing the snooze button in the morning.........

Becky said...

I just set a goal to be in bed by MIDNIGHT every night! That would be an improvement for me! Sad.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Isn't it funny how so many of my goals all depend on me getting into bed earlier? Why is it so hard?? Actually, I know exactly why it's hard. It's the only time of day that I have to myself and it's hard to stop what I'm doing and get into bed... knowing full well that I'll regret staying up late... when I'm so enjoying that free time.

Camille said...

Camilla I love you! Can those be my goals too?