Sunday, October 18, 2009

Weekly Reckoning, part 2

Last week I made some goals.

Today, I'm accountable.

Honestly, I think I've had a major dose of the adversary working against me this week. I kinda was wondering why he would bother to mess up such seemingly simple goals, but ultimately I believe he's out there to get me discouraged.

Yep, I'm discouraged. But as I sit and reflect on the week, I've really made progress.

Goal #1: In bed by 10:15.
Only one night did I stay up past 10:30-- and I was up doing some sewing for a neighbor (long story)--so, service kept me up--that's okay, right?

It was the nights that killed me. Nightmares for Eliza. Stuffy nose for me. Extra feedings for Reed. A freak wake-up from Roger in which he demanded to change his pajama's--at 1:00 in the morning. Seriously. Seriously (can the devil whisper strange thoughts to toddlers in order to mess up their mom's goals)? These night wakings are generally few and far between for my kids.

Goal #2: Be active for 20 minutes a day (preferably before everyone else get up).
The crappy sleep did it's damage. I woke up tired--and not once early enough to exercise. I found myself making excuses for not exercising because I was tired all day. Argghh. I walked the kids to school 3 days in the week (about a 15 minute walk). Sadly, that is the extent of my physical exercise. Hopefully, this week will be better because I am going to give back the gigantic train table our neighbors let us borrow, so I can set up the treadmill downstairs.

I quit my kids' walking group on Tuesday because D watched me running around like a chicken with my head cut off (he had the day off) and wondered why we were in such a hurry to get to school 10 minutes early? He was right. . . . . having the extra 10 minutes helped with the scripture reading during breakfast (Goal #3). And yes, I missed a couple of days reading, but we made up for them at dinner.

Goal #4: Do my babysteps checklist for food storage.
Didn't touch this goal but, I've got 2 weeks per checklist.

6 comments:

Liz said...

You're so awesome! We need to chat about goals and schedules and getting life in order...this is what's been on my mind lately!

Timani said...

Way to go! You are definitely making progress...hang in there. Looking at what you accomplished, I don't think you should be discouraged.

Nichole said...

thanks for reminding me to pull out my goals list. i hit about 50%

WOLF-PACK said...

You're doing great Camilla!! Far better than I am doing :)

Becky said...

Can the devil whisper strange thoughts to toddlers...LOL!

Sound like you're off to a great start!

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.