Friday, October 9, 2009

Tonight


Tonight my Deedles is in bed.

He's tired.

He's spent many long nights at the hospital this week without sleep.

He's working tomorrow.

And Sunday.

He hasn't complained.

He helped clean up Roger, Roger's pants, Roger's undies, and Roger's tiny heinie just after he came home and Roger had a #2 accident.

He didn't complain.

He told me about a 16 year-old that was discharged from the hospital today following a 5 week stay due to injuries from a car crash. She wasn't wearing a seat belt. My little doctor spent lots of time during the night (and day) taking care of her--especially the first few weeks following the accident.

She walked out of the hospital with a smile and a hug for him.

He smiled.

I smiled.

I am so proud of my Deedles.

I just wish I could have him to myself a little more often.

Oh well.

At least he's up to some good in the world today.

Maybe I did something good, too.

Maybe.

I lost Davis after school.

I found him, though.

On my back porch.

He walked home on his own.

Life is good.

I've been blessed.

Thank you, Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely adore this post! I love your family. You guys are awesome.

Matt said...

Camilla, I just realized that Matt and I don't know what D specialized in and what hospital he works for. Could you enlighted us. BTW I still think you guys are amazing and such a wonderful couple! (Trish)