Monday, October 5, 2009

Coupon-o-licious: I wish

You know when you go to a playgroup or hang at the park and soon everyone is sharing the great and AMAZING deals they got that week? Well, I've got a confession, I am not one of those people who gets good deals. I try to coupon-but always forget to bring the coupon into the store I needed it at, or I often find the store brands are cheaper than the coupon-brands. I don't even know which grocery stores have double coupon days.

I have friends that go yard-saleing and find some awesome stuff. So either I'm too snobby for other people's cast-offs (I don't think so) or I just hit the wrong garage sales or I'm not creative enough to see the potential in other people's trash. I go to D.I. sometimes and rarely find anything. I stop by Kid to Kid, too, but they never seem to have pants in the sizes I need.

So, I just spent 30 minutes perusing thrifty people's blogs and am totally amazed by their talent, and my lack of it. The only time I find good deals is when I am shopping with Brooke Sanderson. Occasionally I'll get 5 packs of soda for the price of 4, but that is the limit of my frugality. . . .

So, I'm sending out a big holler to those of you who are reading this who have a talent I don't: YOU GO GIRL, FINDING GREAT DEALS IS A SPECIAL GIFT!

6 comments:

Marti said...

I'm with you, Camilla. I really do wish I had it in me to do the coupon thing--but honestly, just thinking about it makes me tired.

WOLF-PACK said...

Camilla- I am so in the same boat as you are!!! My mom and sister are thrift queens. I eventually figured out that if I just tell them what I need, when they are out and about, they usually find it for me for a much better price then I would have found. I just pay them back :)

Jenny said...

Camilla, I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

I am your less intelligent and less witty twin. Like you, I hate coupons. I'm not thrifty. I hate pottytraining. I can't make a darn thing that my kids like.

But somehow, hearing this all from you, makes it light and entertaining! Ooh, I want to be your neighbor someday! We'd have some good times.

Liz said...

You have so many other talents, l think it's O.K. to leave this one to the Brooke Sanderson's out there!!! I hate trying to remember coupons! I always find that I end up buying stuff I normally wouldn't and stuff that we don't really need! I'm with you on shopping with Brooke...such a gift! We haven't been shopping together for too long! We should go hit DownEast or TJ Maxx together! Then we'll get good deals and we won't need coupons! :)

Becky said...

I'm the same way--I never get the good deals! But I don't shop much, either, so I figure it all evens out.

Kearl said...

I'm with you. Seriously, I don't get how some girls do it. I've even tried and I just can't do it.