Sunday, May 4, 2008

coupons. . . .a look into my scattered mind/life

Today in Primary, the Primary President, Liz B., told the kids they'd be making coupons for their moms for Mother's Day. She got a blank stare from the Junior Primary (age 3-6) and asked them if anyone knew what a coupon was. Someone raised their hand and tried to explain, but didn't quite hit the mark. Then Davis raised his hand and said, "I know. A coupon expires."

Sadly, that is what my children know of coupons-- after I go on a scurried search ("I know I had one for that somewhere around here. . .") and miraculously find the one I was looking for, a quick scan of the coupon results in my reply, "Oh, can't use that one. . .it already expired."

1 comment:

Lark said...

Isn't it funny how kids pick up on the most random things. Sometimes it seems like they are never listening!