Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A "Wells Fargo Day"

Last year, we switched most of our banking to an online bank, USAA. We love it. We can hit any ATM with no extra charge and they have an AWESOME %-yield on their savings account. Our main complaint is that to cash a check you have to scan it in (on our crappy and slow scanner) or physically send the check to Texas-- though neither option is that difficult, it requires an extra effort and planning. I find that when I finally get around to cashing a check it is because I am going to use the money for a purchase THAT day. To alleviate this problem, we kept our other accounts at Wells Fargo open when we switched banks. This has been the account we dump our extra checks into and over time, this account has become a great little savings/rainy-day fund.

Yesterday, Memorial Day, we headed up to Park City and the outlet stores that are housed there. D and the kids each got a couple of outfits (sadly, I didn't find much-- but was pre-occupied with a cranky Roger, so that is my excuse for coming home empty-handed), and then we ate lunch. Then, my mom watched the kids while we hit the Indiana Jones movie (good, but quirky, pretty much like all the movies, I guess), and then it was out to pizza afterward for my brother-in-law's, Phil, birthday.

Without the extra money in the Wells Fargo account, we generally wouldn't have the money at the end of the month to splurge like this. So, I would like to dedicate this day to Wells Fargo and our little hedge fund located there.

1 comment:

JoAnna said...

Guess what! You are in my cousin's stake!! Do you know the BELL's?? They are the most amazing family in the history of this universe. TRULY!! I cannot say how much I love them. I hope you get to enjoy them too. Liane sent me a letter today and she spoke very kindly of you. How fun!