Sunday, October 5, 2008

Disneyland 2008



What fun, fun, fun!!! D's siblings planned for the extended family to have a big family trip together this fall. Four of his five siblings were able to take a week off and we all headed to California.


I never went to Disneyland as a kid and was totally caught up in the magic. We swapped kid-watching so the adults could hit the rides the kids couldn't go on (HIGHLY SUGGESTED). I love roller coasters and could have gone on the California Screamin' all day. . . . . . .yeah, I think I'll be a roller coaster tester in the after-life.


Our favorite quotes of the trip came after we took the twins on Space Mountain. . . "That was wicked awesome, " and "I don't ever, ever want to do that again (said with anger)" Guess which twin went with which quote-- yep, it was Eliza who loved the coasters and Davis who wimped out on several. The only sad event was when we LOST ELIZA for about 15 minutes (We started walking, she didn't follow, then she freaked out and ran in opposite direction of the way in which we had walked (I might add we were like 20 feet away when we realized she wasn't with us). Someone found her and she was taken to a park employee who gave her fruit snacks and hugs. We found her before things got too panicky, fortunately --lesson: write your cell phone number and put it in your kid's pocket).


We dined with family and phoned each other from all over the park--I don't think I even saw the teens for more than an hour during the 3 days we were there. I'm hooked. We'll definitely be doing the Disneyland thing again.



16 comments:

Prairie said...

Look at that beautiful SUNSHINE!!! Don't you just love it! ( I am still pining over leaving Florida) This looks like a GRAND vacation for you all! You absolutely deserve it!

PS I can't believe your basement flooded and you lost your phone! I am seriously sorry for you! You have my positive thoughts! You inspire! I love you!

Rebecca said...

I can't believe how big your 'baby' is! That looks like so much fun! I'm glad you guys got to go and spend time there together!...and leave with all your children :).

Unknown said...

SO much fun!! I grew up going to Disney and love it so much. I am jealous!!! Looks like so much fun.

Mark said...

How fun!! Looks like you guys had a blast. We can't wait until Zachary gets a little older to take him. Right now his favorite morning cartoon is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so we are sure he will love Disneyland when we eventually go. On a side note, tell D he needs to eat a little more. Looks like those long days and nights at the hospital have thinned him out. Tell him a few more midnight supping sessions with bread and milk ought to help.

Timani said...

I love Disneylan! I went for the first time at 33 and it was still so much fun!!! Last fall I took the kids and it's perfect weather there, not too hot or too cold.

I'm glad you had a vacation! You all deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!

The Dunham Family said...

Cute, Cute photo's. Eliza has the model look down just right! Hope we have as much fun as you do, (with out all the help.)

Melissa said...

Ah! I am so jealous! I love Disneyland and can't wait to take my kids someday! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Crystal said...

Glad you guys had so much fun! Just reading your post makes me want to go. We go about every other year because my in-laws live close to there. Last fall we went to Disney World and I have to say it was probably the best vacation of my life. I love Disney, it makes me feel like a kid again.

Camilla Millar said...

Mark, his midnight supping sessions are his ONLY source of calories. His weight loss is due to a loss of muscle mass in his chest and shoulders. I, too, have noticed a difference. . . ahhhhh.

Good thing we will come back in our prime.

Karlea said...

So bummed to read you guys were at Disneyland last week. We live 15 minute away and it would have been such fun to come say hello for a bit. Looks like you guys had a great trip. I think 5 is such a perfect age for Disneyland!

Carrie said...

What a fun trip! I'm so glad you guys got to go. It looks like you had a blast. I can't believe how old little Roger is looking. He's so cute! I wish he and Katie could hang out and be buddies. Hopefully someday!
Love, Carrie

Lark said...

Glad you had fun! And I love your shoes :)

The Taintor Family said...

Disneyland is my favorite place ever. I seriously think about that place at least once a week... and I'm 31! I'm glad you guys had so much fun.

Momnerd said...

How fun! I grew up in Southern Cali and so I've been many times but it is still a magical place for me. We are going to Cali over Thanksgiving but I don't think we'll be able to afford Disneyland. I've only been to California Adventure once though and California Screamin was my favorite too! We went on it like 5 times. I hope I can go again soon! You have an adorable family.

Juli said...

I hope the twins were tall enough to go on all the fun rides! Everyone looks so happy in all the pictures. Glad you had fun! Except for losing Eliza. I lost Elise at the playground for about 5 minutes last week and wanted to die.

Shauna said...

How fun! Love the slide show! Thanks for sharing :)