Sunday, October 19, 2008

Two Things. . .

For lunch today, D found some packages of Ramen noodles down in storage that I'd forgotten about. Can I just say that I really like Ramen!?! Why, oh why, are those cheap, crazy noodles and the accompanying flavor packets so wonderful-- yet have no nutritive value whatsoever? This truly must be one of life's little unjustices.

On another note, a few weeks ago I heard someone quote the saying that, "The pathway to Hell is paved with good intentions." I would like to add the so-called 'Pathway to Heaven' is ALSO paved with good intentions. . . . So, in my book keep trying your best--even if you don't succeed!

6 comments:

Kearl said...

Yeah. I recently rediscovered Ramen Noodles too, and wow, they're good.

Melissa said...

I like this post. I too enjoy the Ramen noodles, just don't look at the nutrition information, also, I am weird, I enjoy them uncooked. they are crunchy and good...Weird, I know...

Nichole said...

two thumbs up on both points!

Karlea said...

Great post Camilla! Ok...so if you're interested in adding some nutrients to Ramen...which lets face it...I'm not, add and egg and some frozen veges when you're cooking it. It's good. Sorry for the run-on!

Timani said...

In highschool I frequently had Ramen for breakfast. My kids love it, so we're always well stocked. Although now I can't stand it. I've tried it a few times in the last couple years and generally end up dumping it out.

We had a 13 yr old Japanese Exchange Student a few years ago and he LOVED Ramen, he bought cases of it to take back home as gifts.

Becky said...

Jeromy was just saying the other day that Ramen noodles would make great food storage! "Ramen and a multi-vitamin--you could live on that for a year!"