Friday, October 10, 2008

Halloween Decor

This week as I was walking around Michael's, I stopped for a minute on an aisle of a Halloween villiage display. The thought entered my mind, "Oh, I am so excited to own all these things one day-- when D is finally making some real money. It would be so cool!"

Then I started looking closer at all the figurines-- there were ugly specters and demented ghosts, seriously gruesome demons, blood everywhere, and more evil-looking witches than I could count. Then I just had to laugh at myself. . . . I wanted all those disgusting things in my house!! I chuckled as I moved on. . . . "Oh, that skeleton is so cute." Cute. A Skeleton. Nice thinking, Camilla.

Don't you just love Halloweeen and the weirdness it brings out in us all? Isn't it funny that we will plunk down the dough to festively adorn our house with monsters-- the figments of our kid's nightmares? And who said being a mom wasn't fun. . . .

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, you're more ambitious than me. I haven't even stepped into a Michaels in over a year I think.

Crystal said...

I enjoy decorating for Halloween, but I actually only like the "cutesy" stuff. Dustin and I were totally into the gory, horrific, bloody decorations when we were kids and I think that got it out of my system...Plus I know my oldest would have nightmares with that in the house. Even though she asks me to buy some of it every time we're at the store.

Melissa said...

SO FUN.