Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Boys and Girls, They Really are Different!!

And now, you are thinking. . . . . "Wow, what an epiphany she's having here." Brilliant. Yes, we all know that men and women, boys and girls, are wired differently, but sometimes I just get a kick out of the antics of my twins.

Take now, for instance, I am the happy host of six 5-year-olds--2 boys and 4 girls. The girls playdate started out calmly enough, upstairs making cutesy little flower pictures out of my stamps that have been collecting dust this year. . . . when, suddenly, one of the girls realizes there are BOYS downstairs. She then begins plotting with her fellow playmates about how they will sneak up and scare the boys.

Meanwhile, Davis and his friend are minding their own business (mindlessly, I might add, on the Wii--argghh video games), when they are rudely interrupted by giggling girls--but wait, do the boys actually care that the girls have just said 'Boo!' and got them? No, they are brainlessly glued to the T.V. screen.

Now, the girls come upstairs laughing and giggling about their antics. . . . . .they feel triumphant and begin to plan another 'attack.' This time, they will put blankets over their head like ghosts-- oh, the brilliance!! This ambush follows like the last. . . . .the girls are blissfully happy, while the boys really could not care less.And so it goes. . . . . .

On Friday, Eliza tenderly opened and read each valentine with generous comments, "Oh, Andrew gave me a Dora valentine. Nice. Oh, Michael's has a heart on it (giggle, giggle)." Davis on the other hand, rips off the candy and throws all paper products on the ground. Valentine? All this leads me to believe is that the hours I spent in fifth grade hand-picking out conversation hearts based on the recipient, was wasted. They boy that I liked never read the heart that said, "Kiss Me." He probably just threw all his candy in a pile and devoured it at random.

10 comments:

Crystal said...

Ha ha ha. I enjoy reading about their differences. I think it's interesting. You know, picking out the conversation hearts for specific people probably was a waste. I'd never really thought about it before, but now that you bring it up, I'm realizing it for the first time too.

Loralee and the gang... said...

For sure boys are different than girls. As a mom of boy-girl-boy-girl-girl-boy-boy, ages ranging from 25 to 5, they ALL are very different! Regardless of gender...
Thanks for your sweet comment on my crappy day post. But in real life with no makeup I look more like the granny at the bottom than any of my blog pictures!
:~D

Christina said...

So funny and so true, Camilla! By the way--you are so brave to have that many friends over at one time!

The Dunham Family said...

I am almost positive it was my daughter that started the antics of spying on the boys!

Jamie said...

Cute post! I loved it, and I totally agree.

Jandee said...

congrats, that you found out you are having a boy. I am thinking so far that boys are easier, less drama. My little Emma is quite the queen. It takes longer to do everything (even getting out of the van. . . "I didn't get to push the button" . . . and then she starts to melt. Will it ever end?! What do you think, will this make having another boy easier? -jandee

Lizzy said...

That is so cute. I can just see and hear those giggling girls! Gotta love the differences. How boring would it be if we were all the same?!

Heather said...

you are the best writer! i love to read your posts.. i can't keep up with um lately. i guess i need to post more. you are way too cute & i want to see some pictures of you prego i'm sure you still look as skinny as ever!

xo

Mary said...

My boys are also brainlessly glued to the TV. I could say just about anything and they wouldn't hear one word that I said.

Melissa said...

Girls rock