Sunday, February 15, 2009

Don't you just hate it when (part 1). . .

Don't you just hate it when you are only 21 weeks pregnant, and the scale says that you are only 12 pounds less than you were when you delivered with your last baby? Then you tell your husband that you think you are gaining more weight with this pregnancy than the last one, and his comforting reply is, "That's okay. It will just give you some more goals to reach after the baby is born." And then you remember the 'goal-setting' you had to endure on the treadmill and in your Weight Watchers classes after the twins were born. . . . . And then you start to cry.

Don't you just hate that?

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Bless your heart.

missliss5/Melissa said...

Groan!!! Been there, done that, and yes....I hated it, too. I'm soooo sorry. Sending hugs and extra chocolate.

Kearl said...

Oh, I hear ya. I am well past by delivery date with the last two. It's really frustrating, and hubbies, as sweet as they are, just don't really get it. I'll be on the elliptical right next to you.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Yeah...it hate that. I gained the most weight with my 4th baby. Kind of discouraging. Want to hear something else that is discouraging for me? I weigh the same amount now (not pregnant) as I did when I was 9 months pregnant and delivering my first baby Rebekah. And yeah, I started that pregnancy at 105 lbs. But still! Sigh. Does that make you feel any better? :) Maybe we'll have to goal-set together.

Lizzy said...

Throw out the scales when you are pregnant, I say. I swear bodies have a mind of their own when pregnant. Even choosing healthier foods or exercising, it will still do whatever it wants.

If it makes you feel any better, I think you look great!

Stephanie said...

I agree with Lizzy; don't torture yourself. Plus every pregnancy is different and it's useless to compare as if you have broken some unwritten rule just because it's not like it was before. Just be your best. :) As a total whimp myself when I'm pregnant, I feel like the journey is such a sacrifice of your body and your whole self, that you are blessed for it. You just have to be.